Thursday, March 18, 2010

Q Vs. A: H.P. Lovecraft

Welcome to Q Vs. A, a new regular feature here at Geek for Life. And by "new," I mean I took some old ideas, slammed them together and decided it's an all new concept. Kinda like the guy who "invented" the clock radio.
I decided to throw some questions at some folks I follow on Twitter and Blogger. These are thoughtful, probing questions that will blow the lid off this thing we call life. It's an electric word, life. It means forever — and that's a mighty long time. But our first subject is here to tell you there's something else ... the afterworld. And he should know, having spent a short time dead back in the early 20th century.

So, please welcome to the stage none other than H.P. Lovecraft, who you can follow at Twitter by clicking here.


1: These days Cthulhu seems to be the most famous of the Elder Gods, yet he’s kind of a pipsqueak compared to his brothers. How’d he pull off this PR win?

This is an astute observation. Clearly, Nyarlathotep and Yog-Sothoth in any of their manifestations, are more powerful than Cthulhu. Yet, as the Priest of the Elder Order, Cthulhu occupies a rarefied place within this maddening pantheon. Also, he makes a better plush doll.


2: Jeffrey Combs: Best Actor Ever? Or merely Best Actor Living?

Jeffery Combs is not actually "living," as you or I would perhaps define it. I have it on good authority that he himself has been reanimated, which, when one considers it, makes him a very committed character actor indeed.


3: Who would win in a fight between August Derleth, Stuart Gordon and Bigfoot from The Six-Million Dollar Man? Note: they are allowed to use any weapon they like, including nuclear arms.

I'm not sure what you mean by "nuclear arms." You may be referring to atomic appendages, which may work well in one of my tales. I assure you that no man alone possesses six million dollars. No matter how big one's feet, that is simply absurd. Considering these facts, my august
man Derleth would surely emerge victorious.

4. What was your worst Twitter experience?

I once offended @Amachen by suggesting that his prose was perhaps more florid than necessary. He summarily insulted my fondness of cats. I am, however, pleased to report that our rift, troubling as it was, has been mended.

5: Who (or what) is your favorite Twitterer of note?

I enjoy the tweets by and music of a certain @caseycontrarian. @NicTesla possesses a curious mind, but he is altogether absent from this venue of late. I have had pleasurable interactions with most Twitter denizens, which I find somewhat odd considering my general disinterest in engaging with random samplings of humanity.


6: Peanut Butter: Crunchy or creamy?

In Ulthar, it is both.

1 comment:

  1. You managed to reference Prince and Lovecraft in one article. I bow to your Eldritch Purpleosity.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...