Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Least surprising celebrity
death of 2010

This isn't one of those posts where I try to prove my wit by pissing all over someone who's died. That shit's not cool.

That being said, Corey Haim has died and you can probably figure out how. From Yahoo News:

"Actor Corey Haim – best known for 80s films including License to Drive and the Lost Boys — has died at the age of 38.

"Los Angeles Police Department confirmed the actor's death to TV station KTLA.

According to police, Haim, who had past substance-abuse problems, died at 3:30 a.m. Wednesday of an accidental overdose."

When I first saw the headlines I thought they said Corey Feldman died, which was surprising. Then I re-read it and my response was ... a lot more reserved.

The Lost Boys gets tossed around like its some classic horror film instead of the "OK" teen adventure flick it really is. I was always partial to Silver Bullet (where else can you see Gary Busey battle a werewolf?) I might have to watch it this weekend and raise a beer to another childhood memory crushed by adult realities.

1 comment:

  1. "I think I should warn you all, when a Corey bites it, it's never a pretty sight. No two Coreys go the same way. Some yell and scream, some go quietly, some explode, some implode, but all will try to take you with them."

    Hey, it was either this or a "License to Drive" reference.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...