Monday, September 13, 2010

The Ranch that Luke Built


Filmmaker Phillip Bloom spent a few days shooting George Lucas' Skywalker Ranch, an opportunity he discusses in some detail over at his website. Above is sample video from his work at the California estate, which he said reminded him equal parts Italy and Scotland.

Sample from his blog:
"Never having seen my work on a big screen as good as this, but also George Lucas came in to watch and also the legendary sound designer Ben Burtt. My heart was racing. I watched as the edit played and they loved it. My favourite moment was when the star timelapse came on and Ben Burtt said “Hey, now, hang on!!” This was a very quick ungraded draft edit knocked together from a crappy grey day as a test, not supposed to be shown as an example of my work! Then Quentin Tarantino came in as he was due to talk at a screening of “Inglorious Basterds” and George said to Quentin, come see this. Quentin waxed lyrical, calling it Epic and William Wylersesque and was shocked it was shot on a DSLR. He had no idea you could shoot HD video on them or they were so good. I love George Lucas and Quentin Tarantino, so to have my work screened to them was pretty special to me."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...