Friday, September 10, 2010

Blogs I Like: Dread Media


First off, Dread Media isn't so much a blog as it is a host site for a weekly podcast. Second, I'm not what you'd call a fan of podcasts in general, though I don't exactly dislike them. It's just that they can be time consuming for listeners, and so many are often self indulgent (though that's certainly a "people in glass houses" kind of thing to say.)

Dread Media isn't all that different in a lot of respects. It can run run a little long sometimes, though host Desmond Reddick does his level best to keep them at 90 minutes or under. Considering it's basically a one-man show he does a fine job of mixing up the content so that something new is coming at the listener every 10 minutes or so, whether it's guest spots, themed discussions, feedback from listeners and the occasional song. It's a well edited program. In fact, it has such a magazine-like quality that I've had to correct this post several times to replace the word reader with listener.

You can also subscribe to the program through iTunes, which is how I keep up with the show. I say check it out!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks a lot! That was a pleasant surprise on my weekly run through Geek For Life. Which I'm going to have to turn into twice weekly because you put so muchg content up it's crazy. Appreciate the kind words.

    Tease for Tomorrow's show: interview with Eerie Von of Samhain and Danzig!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...