Monday, April 12, 2010

Busy week (more later)


Usually, it's just good manners to warn folks when you're going to be away for a few days. I'm hoping for partial credit by explaining my absence after the fact.

It's nothing dramatic: I just took some time off to hang out with friends, family and a few wild animals (at the Riverbanks Zoo in Columbia, S.C.) Anything you hear about my behavior over the weekend is probably the product of a deranged imagination and should be ignored.

While trapped in the car for hours on end I decided to introduce my nieces to late '70s alt rock/nerd punk via Devo and The Dickies. Both of them now have Working in a Coal Mine and The Banana Splits tattooed forever on their brains.

In that spirit, let me share a link with you: the new Song Study from Devo, which lets fans select the final tracks from the band's forthcoming album. It's a lot of fun, and I have this feeling that Wes Anderson was somehow involved with the site. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...