Friday, April 16, 2010

Book Report: Terry Nation's
Dalek Special


A lot of folks don't understand the appeal of Boba Fett. In a way, they kind of have a point ... all he really does in the Star Wars films is shoot at Luke Skywalker a few times (and miss) and fall into the mouth of an immobile monster. But I like him, anyway.
These days I'm a little perplexed by the adoration of the Daleks, those clunky old Doctor Who villains. I loved them as a child (and even got to see the two Peter Cushing "Doctor Who" movies in a local theater in England in the early '80s) and still have a certain fondness for them. but I have to admit they aren't the most intimidating villains ever designed. R2-D2 is a lot more agile and functional.
Above is art for a book report I wrote when I was 10 years old (give or take) for Terry Nation's Dalek Special. Not the most literary (or educational) book I could have selected, but there it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...