Friday, February 26, 2010

The Star Wars Cash Magnet



Ah, the good ole days. When Saturday morning television was wall-to-wall toy commercials. Even the actual cartoons were sometimes toy commercials, though those kinds of shows tended to come on during the work week. Saturday mornings were usually reserved for sugar-frenzied fantasies like Scooby Doo, The Smurphs, The Snorks and that bizarre Happy Days cartoon where Ritchie and the Fonz traveled around in a spaceship or something. What was that all about?

But I digress.

While my memory is fuzzy about many of the actual cartoons I watched as a kid, I have distinct memories of certain ads for Star Wars toys. The video above is a compilation of the ads which successfully helped part my parents from lots and lots of cash between 1977 and 1983. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...