Thursday, February 18, 2010

Saturday Mornings Defined

If there was anything that came close to matching the hysteria caused by the Sears Christmas Wishbook when I was a kid, it was the advertisements for the new cartoon season that appeared in comics in the months leading in. I lived overseas for a few years as a child and, while I was still able to get a few American comics here and there, I missed most of the shows aired between 1979 and 1983. Panadamonium? Meatballs and Spaghetti? These shows are complete mysteries to me. I did have the misfortune of seeing Pryor's Place, though.

Below are a handful of these ads from the golden age of American cartoons I collected from various sources around the net. (Maybe I should refer to it as the "First Golden Age," given the great work regularly done by Adult Swim.)









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...