Monday, October 4, 2010

Breakfast with Cap'n Crunch's Halloween Crunch

During my recent scouring of retail outlets for Monster Cereals (the first real sign that Halloween has arrived!) I came across boxes of Cap'n Crunch's Halloween Crunch. According to Mr. Breakfast, Halloween Crunch has been around since 2007, but I'd never noticed it on the shelves before last week. Out of curiosity I picked up a box to see how it compared to the greatness that is Count Choucula, Frankenberry and Boo Berry.



"Doctor, I think my cereal has an infection ..."


In all, it's not a bad breakfast. It doesn't taste much different from Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries but that's nothing to complain about. The box boasts that the cereal turns the milk green and that's mostly true. It's not the robust Slimer-from-Ghostbusters green that I might have hoped for, but it was still a sickly color. Even better, though, the crunchberries appear to change color in milk. The pinkish cereal bits slowly show dark green speckling, which is pretty disgusting in a fun way.

The back of the box also features clip art showing aspects of different kinds of monsters to let you build your own. I snapped a photo of the back of the box, opened it in Photoshop and made my own monster. You can see it below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...